Last Updated: November 30, 2020
AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH GIVEAWAY #1
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Contest Period and Sponsor:
1. Contest Period begins on April 12, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM (“Contest Start Date”) and closes at 11:59:00 PM on the seventh day following the Contest Start Date (“Contest End Date”). By way of example only, if the Contest was posted on April 1, the closing date is 11:59:00 PM on April 7.
2. AUTISM ADVOCATE Parenting Magazine PO Box 24016 King George, Brantford, Ontario, Canada N3R 7X3 is the Sponsor.
How to Enter:
3. During the Contest Period you can enter via (1) Google Form entry or (2) Instagram or Facebook entry. (1) Google Form – to enter, participants must complete all required fields in the Google Form entry page. (2) Instagram or Facebook entry – to enter, participants must complete all required actions as listed in the contest post. Actions can include filling out a google form, commenting on the contest post, tagging and/or following instagram or facebook accounts and pages. Your entry must comply with the Instagram and Facebook terms of service and any other applicable Facebook or Instagram rules.
4. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. An entrant may only use one (1) Instagram or Facebook account to participate in the Contest. Deadline to enter is 11:59:00 PM on the Contest End Date. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the local time of the Sponsor. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
5. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, mechanically reproduced, submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, unauthorized, prohibited or illicit means, contain false or invalid information, included in a bulk-drop off (e.g. multiple entries submitted by the same entrant), submitted on behalf of another person, or entries that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these Rules as determined by Sponsor (collectively, “Ineligible and/or Invalid Entries”), in its sole and absolute discretion, may be judged void. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned.
Random Draw and Winner Confirmation:
6. A random draw will be held on or about 11:59:00 PM on or before the fifth day following the Contest End Date from all entries received during the Contest Period. By way of example only, if the Contest End Date is on April 15, then the random draw will be held on or about 11:59:00 PM on or about April 20. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received during the Contest Period.
7. Selected entrants will be notified by email and/or telephone, OR, IF ON SOCIAL MEDIA, THROUGH DIRECT MESSAGE, within five (5) business days of the draw. To be confirmed a winner, selected entrant must (a) respond to the email and/or telephone notification or DIRECT MESSAGE within five (5) business days of it being sent, (b) For Canadian residents only: correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; (c) be in full compliance with these Official Rules, (d) provide full name, address and email address as set out in Rule 8 below, and, (e) if required by Sponsor, (i) provide proof of identity and/or (ii) complete, execute and return a Declaration of Compliant with Official Rules and Full Release of Liability and Consent to Publicity Form (“Form”) within ten (10) business days. Proof of identity, including proof that selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry, must be provided upon request. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted and confirmed a winner as above, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, his/her entitlement to receive a prize may be forfeited, and prize may be awarded to an alternate eligible entrant. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
8. There is a total of two (2) prizes available to be won, consisting of a one (1) Brush and Bite Starter Kit and (1) Triple Bristle Original Sonic Electric Toothbrush by Triple Bristle, 1-Year Annual Subscription to Autism Advocate Parenting Magazine, 1-Year Subscription to “Making Authentic Friendships App”, (1) Spectrum Support Starter Kit by BrainChild Nutritionals, (1) “A Different Kind of Brilliant Book” by Louise Cummins. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $400 USD. To redeem the prize, you must provide Sponsor with your name, address and email address within fifteen (15) days of being confirmed a winner. If the selected entrant does not provide the required information within the specified time frame, they may be disqualified and Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may select another entrant.
9. Limit of one (1) prize per household address. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment. Prizes are non-refundable, not convertible to cash, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Prizes are provided “as is” without representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. If any prize is undeliverable for any reason whatsoever, the winner will forfeit his/her prize and the prize will not be re-awarded nor re-delivered at a later date. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
10. For United States Residents: All federal, state, and local tax liabilities, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). Prize will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
11. To be eligible, you must be a legal resident residing in Canada (excluding Quebec) or the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) and have reached the age of majority in your state, province or territory of residence.
12. You are not eligible if you are: (1) an employee, officer, director, agent or representative of Sponsor, its affiliates (including parent, sister, related and subsidiary companies), or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, including advertising, promotional or public relations agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest, or a member of the immediate family (spouse, including common law, parent, sibling or child, regardless of where they reside) or household member of any such employee, officer, director, agent or representative. Groups, associations and entities cannot participate.
13. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Official Rules and agree to abide and be bound by them and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of prizes.
14. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant that it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Any prize inadvertently awarded to a selected entrant who ought to have been disqualified by these Official Rules may be reclaimed by Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE CONTESTS.
Release of liability / Consent to publicity:
15. By entering the Contest, you: (i) confirm compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) confirm that if you are confirmed a winner, you consent to the use of your name, city, comments or statements regarding the Contest, photographs, voice, image and/or other likenesses and all other indicia of personality, for publicity, general news, entertainment, advertising and informational purposes by Sponsor and its affiliates (including, without limitation, any parent, sister, related and subsidiary companies), including any publicity carried out with respect to the Contest, without further notice or compensation; and (iii) release Sponsor, its affiliates (including, without limitation, any parent, sister, related and subsidiary companies), Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc., suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest (including influencers and advertising, promotional and public relations agencies), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, partners, licensees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees“) from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims, liabilities, demand or damages (including legal fees and expenses), of any nature or kind, arising out of, or in connection with your participation or attempted participation in the Contest and the awarding or use of a prize, including as set out below in the Limitation of Liability
Limitation of liability:
16. Releasees do not accept or assume any responsibility for, and each entrant releases Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising in connection with the Contest and/or prizes including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest, participation or attempted participation in the Contest, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the awarding and use of prizes. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Releasees are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) Ineligible and/or Invalid entries; (iii) any failure of, errors, or problems with websites, or applications associated with the Contest, including any website or application feature, howsoever caused, including without limitation, any human or technical errors or malfunctions, lost, delayed or garbled data, transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, postal delays, strikes or failures, (iv) injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) any website functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vi) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Contest-related materials howsoever caused; (vii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise.
17. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules. The Official Rules located at https://autismadvocatemagazine.com/giveaway1/ shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.
18. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email OR Facebook OR Instagram account, as assigned by the internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address, OR Facebook, OR Instagram.
19. Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest and amend the Official Rules at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
20. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
21. This Contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
22. For Canadian Residents: To the extent permitted by law, any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Toronto, Ontario and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
23. For U.S. Residents: To the extent permitted by law, any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in New York County, New York and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
24. For Contest results, send an email with the subject line of “Winners List – AUTISM ADVOCATE Parenting Magazine Free Subscription Contest to email@example.com. Requests for the Winner’s List must be received within 60 days of the end of the Contest Period.
26. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.